ruger guide gun vs gunsite scout

within the Ruger Bolt Action forums, part of the Rifle & Shotgun Forum category; Originally Posted by gkayea If the Bolt in the Guide Rifle isn't as Sloppy as the Gunsite Rifle I would go with the Guide Rifle. I have the Steyr Scout based on the Col. Cooper design in .376. The Ruger Scout Rifle is based on a concept developed by Jeff Cooper, the founder of Gunsite. It has a forward mounted rail, and milling above the action for traditional Ruger scope mounts.

I’m vain. Quick follow-up shots, I use a Hornady Amax 168gr in a 10 or 20 round mag, with a Leupold VXR-Patrol 3-9x40. The whole package is heavier. Ruger's new Gunsite Scout rifle has had rifle geeks of all stripes in a twitter since it was introduced earlier this year and for good reason: It is a well-built, accurate and affordable take on the scout rifle concept as originally pioneered by Col. Jeff Cooper, the founder of Gunsite Academy. The guide gun is weighted to help with the recoil of the 375/416 Ruger, so it's a full pound heavier than the scout rifle (8.1 pounds vs 7.1 pounds). I still have a 30-06 Guide Gun. The vast majority of my time behind a rifle is with the M16A2 or AR15 carbine. That said, it did set my ears to ringing one night when I took a doe, I had to turn on an angle to shoot, muzzle blast went into the blind, that was not pleasant!! The American Rifle is more subtle. The barrel is 22 inches, and doesn’t have the cosmetic muzzle break.

Whil… I've never had an issue with this myself, even hunting in thick mountain laurel.Fungun, check out marilnowners.com for info on the newer rifles. I pretty much have my choice narrowed to the scout or a Marlin 336. Ruger Guide Gun in 30 O6 or Ruger Scout rifle in 308? I've owned both. I'll never understand the trend tbh. My only real complaint was the effective range. - Thomas JeffersonA well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. I also heard that the 30/30 tends to mangle predator pelts. The gun doesn’t turn heads the way the Gunsite does. Elk aren't hard to kill and they're a lot easier to hit than a smaller pig at longer ranges.

ruger guide gun vs gunsite scout, ruger guide gun vs savage, ruger gunsite scout 308 for deer, ruger gunsite scout hunting, ruger gunsite scout rifle vs ruger guide gun, ruger scout rifle for deer hunting, ruger scout scope for hunting. Speaking from experience there's always the option to get both If planning on selling the fur both leave to much damage unless you reload.In boot camp the 308 was good to five hundred yards with a peep sight.I love my Marlin 30AW so much that I went out and bought a Marlin 336. Yeah, I have a 45-70 lever and wanted something with a but more reach and these days, I'm trying to consolidate calibers.If the Bolt in the Guide Rifle isn't as Sloppy as the Gunsite Rifle I would go with the Guide Rifle. Last year, Ruger introduced a bold take on the scout rifle concept. M1A Precision Loaded. A brush gun is considered to be a small, handy weapon that is easily brought to shoulder in tight spaces.

The 308caliber is far superior in performance. PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 ©2019 Guns.com. It seems really cool and I really want one. How much better is the 30/30 at cutting through brush than .308? It works on 365 lb hogs great too. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.Just tossing around the idea of getting one hunting rifle to have in the safe (although I don't get out to hunt much these days). But where I am the longest shot is only about 100 yards so my little lever gun is right at home. That may have accounted for some of the spread I saw in target groups.

I used iron sights, a Leupold AR scope, and a Leupold fixed power scope (which was the perfect match). The rifle I had in for review last year did not have a free-floated barrel. the GSR is zeroed for about 200 yards with a 150g BT @ 2699fps. That said, I don't have a ton of experience with traditional scoped bolt action rifles. In all, I would say the Gunsite is a model of versatility.The American Rifle has no iron sights.

Well, you COULD go with a Guide Gun in 30-06....but why not the 375Ruger? It’s basically a short-barreled, heavily built bolt-action rifle with a military-style detachable magazine. I personally love Marlin Lever guns. And rightfully so. The Loose and Sloppiness of the GSR's bolt is the only thing I do not like, it's accuracy is great though.Maybe look at the Mossberg MVP series. A good bolt action rifle will be much more accurate and have more range than a 30-30 lever gun. Winchester doubles down on affordable hunting rifle performance with the XPR bolt-action, now partnered with the company’s own flagship .350 Legend round. With the right bullet and load, it'll take anything on legs and some on wheels. I expect a .308 to shoot accurately well past 300 yards. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Seven pounds. Good peep sights are available for the Ruger dovetails. I have a Ruger MKII on .223, an AR in .223/5.56 (Wylde chamber) and, among others, the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle in .308 Win. It’s one of the many caliber conversions I have for the Desert Tech bullpup and it’s a perfect candidate for the .350 Legend. With my reloads, it shoots a 270gr bullet 2600fps and is a tack driver at where I have it zeroed at 225yds.
I think I would call it modest.I will admit to a certain amount of vanity. A forum community dedicated to Ruger firearm owners and enthusiasts.

How To Avoid Being Sexually Immoral, How To Become A Savage Fenty Brand Ambassador, My Wish Chords, Menace 2 Society Full Movie Google Drive, What Do Baby Tree Frogs Eat, Bella Cuomo School, Is The Great Cycle Challenge Legitimate, Was Caleb Older Than Joshua, How To Draw Infection Out Of Hangnail, What Are Good Sides With Boudin, Shut Up And Mine With Me Roblox Id, Todd Corman Net Worth, Best Place To Kill Fallen Destiny 2, Standard Kitchen Cabinet Sizes Chart, My Cat Ate Lucky Bamboo Leaves, Sofa With Deep Seat Depth, Are Sugar Gliders Legal In Louisiana, Toyota Mr2 For Sale Craigslist Nc, How Old Is Dean Ornish Wife, 2018 Suzuki Gsx250r Owners Manual, 8 Values Quiz, 1964 Nova Gasser For Sale, French Mastiff Great Dane Mix, Square In A Square Symbol, Can You Own An Otter In Arkansas, The Time Machine 2002 Full Movie 123movies, Nico Di Angelo And Will Solace Fanfiction Lemon, Used Chiavari Chairs For Sale Craigslist, How To Clean Water Line In Lg Refrigerator, Tyler Florence Hearing Aid, How To Update Dreamstation Firmware, Fun Controversial Topics,